• Hosted the first DEP Award Dinner recognizing key individuals in the downtown revitalization process.
• Completed the Carolyn Schutte Pocket Park water feature and mural.
• Assisted with the addition of 7 new businesses to downtown Excelsior Springs.
• Secured $10,000 for Facade Grant Opportunities for downtown building and business owners.
• Invested $102,000 in downtown properties and entrepreneurial opportunities.
• Successfully hosted the Visit Excelsior tourism website that achieved 1.7 million hits.
• Secured a Missouri Tourism Grant to assist in the development of the 2017 marketing plan.
• Created a self-guided Walking Tour of our famous Historic Buildings in downtown.
• Successfully hosted 13 promotional events, bringing over 9,000 people to downtown.
• Spent over $15,000 marketing the downtown district and Visit Excelsior campaign.
• Added 38 sets of new banners and banner arms to our historic district.
• Complete the Downtown Lighting Project.
• Expand the current downtown planter project.
• Complete a downtown property inventory to market available commercial and residential space.
• Survey current downtown businesses to determine future business opportunities for new and existing businesses.
• Develop youth involvement opportunities in downtown.
• Continue to offer Small Business Start Up Loans.
• Continue to offer Facade Grant Funds to building owners, businesses and residents to assist in the restoration of properties.