Downtown Excelsior Partnership (DEP) was formed in 2006 by local businesses, individuals and downtown building owners to create a vibrant downtown Excelsior Springs. With hard work, planning and many volunteers DEP has grown into an organization providing a grassroots effort to revitalize our downtown. Together we have worked hard to shape the future of Excelsior Springs and develop our downtown as a dynamic place to live, work, shop, dine and stay.
DEP supports the revitalization framework of the National Trust Main Street Program. The program operates using four committees, providing the keys to successfully preserving and revitalizing a historic downtown. These four committees provide that framework:
• Organization – provides guidance and direction on fundraising, volunteers and operations.
• Design – Enhances the visual appearance of downtown through the arts, building rehabilitation, landscaping and streetscaping.
• Promotion – Markets downtown via events and advertising to attract customers, visitors, residents, businesses and potential investors.
• Economic Restructuring – Analyzes and plans for appropriate mixed-use development as a way of creating new opportunities and strengthening the economic base of downtown.
Make a donation to help fund downtown Excelsior Springs development:
DEP redevelopment district outline featured.
Board of Directors: Cheryl Boos, Broadway Bar & Grill; Jill Rickart, Ventana Gourmet Grill; Nate Williams, Excelsior Springs Parks & Recreation; Lyndsey Baxter, DEP Executive Director; Sharon Powell, Mayor, City of Excelsior Springs; Nick Anderson, Chuck Anderson Ford; Mark Spohn, Payne Jail House B&B.
• Brooke Baxter Memorial Pocket Park Development Completion
• Light It Up Project Completion & Launch
• Awarded $6,000 in Facade Grants to Downtown Property & Business Owners
• Seasonally Decorated the Downtown Streetscape
• Offered Low Interest Loans to Small Income Businesses
• Compiled List of Business Incentives & Materials and Educated Property & Business Owners of Programs
• Launched Experience Excelsior Trip Planner
• Spent Over $50,000 Marketing the Downtown District & Visit Excelsior Campaign
• Received Grant from the Missouri Division of Tourism to Further Promote Excelsior Springs as the Ideal Destination
• Increased Annual Operating Budget
• Maintained and Successfully Hosted the Visit Excelsior Tourism Website
• Hosted Over 100 DEP Event Days
• Successfully Integrated the BBQ & Fly-In on the River into the DEP Event Calendar
• Successfully Integrated the Christmas Committee and Events into the DEP Event Calendar
• Brought Over 22,000 to Downtown Excelsior Springs during Events
• Reached Over 1.2 Million Individuals through Visit Excelsior Website & DEP Social Platforms
• Invested Over $58,000 in Downtown Beautification
• For Every Dollar Invested by the City, DEP Raised an Additional $5.96