Superior Well Pagoda
Superior St. and Roosevelt Ave.
(or Fishing River Walking Trail)
Purchased by the J.C. Isley family in 1880 for $150 on land known as Reed Park, the Isley family built a wooden pagoda structure around 1901 for the Superior Spring, with a walkway and deck extending out to it. In 1902, Dr. William A. Bell purchased several properties in Excelsior Springs, including the park property. In 1912 a stone pagoda replaced the wood one.
The property is now part of the Fishing River Linear Park and is owned by the City of Excelsior Springs. It is the only intact spring pagoda in the city.